Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog! Thankyou soo much for joining, you have no idea how much it means to me!
So today I thought I would post a blog about how I like to relax because Christmas is over, I’m sure you all need to take time to relax a little; especially considering we are still in a pandemic. I spend so much time working at my normal job, writing blog posts, editing and everything in between, so for me, relaxing is important and I do try to do it often. Of course, this means taking time away from my phone, social media and blog etc because I don’t want to spend my time relaxing by scrolling through Instagram!
5 ways I like to relax:
- Paint my nails – this probably seems so boring to some of you, however painting my nails truly relaxes me. I take my time when painting my nails and enjoy it because there’s something satisfying about being forced to wait for the polish to dry whilst doing absolutely nothing! Love it!
- Colouring/reading/puzzles – these could go as separate points however for this purpose I’ve put them as one. All 3 of them I absolutely love and they are all good ways to calm your mind and relax.
- Eating snacks and watching movies – So, the snacks bit I’ve got down to a T; the movie bit I’m not great at! I really struggle to sit and watch a movie, but sometimes if I’m in the mood, I will put on a film and watch it whilst I paint my nails etc.
- Go for a walk – this is a really good idea because it clears your head and mind. It doesn’t have to be a long walk at all, a quick stroll combines exercise and a change of scenery which will be sure to make you feel more relaxed.
- At home spa – so this isn’t implying you need a swimming pool and a hot tub (because I have neither!) What I mean by this is to take time for yourself by applying a facemask, massaging your scalp, having a hot soapy bath etc. This is probably my favourite thing to do to relax – it’s so simple but so good for your mental health and relaxation.
Okay so that’s a small list of my favourite ways I like to relax, I hope you found it helpful; perhaps there’s something on the list that you would like to try? The ideal way to relax for me is going to an island and laying on the beach with a cocktail but considering that isn’t possible, it’s important to remember that you can find stress relief in a few minutes whenever you need it.
If you’re like me and you struggle to relax because you’re busy, just remember that when you are relaxing, there are many benefits to you doing so; such as it balances out the negative and physical effects of stress which will create a more positive outlook on life.
Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful week and make sure you take time to relax!
Stay safe everyone,