Happy Sunday everyone! Welcome back to my blog, thank-you for joining!
Today is ALL about self-care!! You all know I am obsessed with self-care so I thought we could have a chat about it in this post and you guys can post comments below if you have any recommendations – I love chatting with you all!
The title of this post is Self-care Sunday (because it’s Sunday), however I believe everyday should be a day of self-care. I completely understand that you may not have time every single day because you wake up early, work in the day, make your evening meal, feel tired and go to bed… however, I’m sure you will have a spare 5 minutes to focus on your self-care; it’s so easy to push it to the back of the line. I’ve found that even just one day or even an afternoon can make such a huge difference when it comes to my stress levels and how I feel deep down, so please make sure that we are allowing ourselves to have these quiet moments.
Make sure you set time aside, get everything done that needs doing prior to your self-care session/day because that way you won’t be stressing that you need to do this that and another. Turn your morning alarms off, wake up when you feel ready, get up when you want to get up and enjoy that time relaxing. I’m not saying be an absolute ball of laziness, I’m just trying to encourage the relaxation side of life because when you know you have to get up by a certain time, you never sleep as well. So switch the alarm off, throw the to-do list in the bin and don’t feel bad for taking time for yourself. YOU ARE IMPORTANT.
Obviously self-care is about considering our needs but it also about knowing what we need to do to take care of ourselves. It doesn’t just mean sitting on the sofa in peace for 5 minutes, yes that is a self-care idea, but self-care goes deeper than what you may think. If you know that certain foods don’t agree with you, self-care is about being careful what you eat and making sure you’re not eating anything that will upset your tummy. It’s very easy to look after yourself by taking 5 minutes out of your day to chill but self-care happens 24/7 (most of the time we don’t realise we are doing it!!)
Here is a small list of ideas based on ways to practice self-care:
- Chill Out – If you want to watch films, TV, YouTube Videos then you can do that! Get in your comfy clothes, get cosy and just chill.
- Pamper Yourself – this is something I love to do when it comes to self-care. Spending time focusing on my skin, trying out different skincare products and most importantly leaving a face mask on and relaxing is something that makes me feel good. I’m not saying it has to focus on skincare because I love to paint my nails, make them look all neat and fresh and I even have hair masks that I leave in too.
- Get a good nights sleep – I wonder how many people actually do this?? I get that if you have kids or work shifts etc it can be hard, but I’ve started going to bed earlier and I wake up feeling so much more refreshed. I feel ready to face the day, I don’t wake up feeling overly tired and I feel content with how much sleep I had that night.
- Take a self-care trip – okay, this may seem weird or random but it is something I would LOVE to do. I think it would be amazing to book a hotel for myself, drive there and explore on my own. I know it might sound sad, but alone time is what we need every now and again. It doesn’t have to involve a huge amount of money, it can be a cheap hotel an hour away from where you live, but getting away can really help you de-stress.
- Schedule your self-care time in – I know it isn’t easy to find extra time, but it is really important we do. I chose Sunday because it’s the last day of the weekend, it’s the day before I go back to work and the other 6 days in the week I am so busy so Sunday just seemed the right choice. You can pick any day and any time, whatever works for you.
We must remember that Self-care isn’t a selfish act. Let me say that again… It is not selfish to take care of yourself!
Once again, thankyou so much for joining me today and showing your love! It feels so good to be back blogging and interacting with you all. These are just a few ideas and I’m sure you have more ideas of your own, if so, feel free to share them below. What do you do to relax? I’m looking forward to hearing from you as I would love to know some more ideas. Please share this with someone if you feel they might benefit from a bit of self-care & love!
Anyway, stay safe everyone!